Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A short break

Sometimes you need to take a break from work, usually a vacation but sometimes just a few days off helps as well.  Over the next few days I will be taking time off work and from in-depth game design, but I will still be putting some time in each night towards Character creation and World creation from a story perspective (hard to do anything else when the laptop is being left at home). 

In every book and podcast I have read/listened to they all say to devote time every single day to bringing your project to life.  I plan to live by that philosophy, as I think the longer you put something off or ignore it, the more likely you are to keep ignoring it.  In addition to writing story and character ideas I will also be reading up on Game Design blog posts, articles, etc.  In particular I need to find out how to best attempt to create the game at a minimal cost, so that it can be sold at the lowest potential consumer price (without having cheap cards/art though).

Now I'm heading off to enjoy the mountains for a few days in Lake Louise and Banff, always a great place to ease the mind.  I also find it helps with thinking of new story and game ideas when you are away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

See below a photo of Lake Louise area, and a few preliminary pieces of art some of my colleagues are working on specifically for this game!  One artist is working on Creatures while another is working on Characters.  Loving what they are doing so far!!

Probably won't put up a new post until Sunday now...





No comments:

Post a Comment