Monday, April 9, 2018

A Mass Volume Quote

A few weeks ago I sent in a submission to Panda Games out of curiosity of what my game could cost if it were mass produced overseas in China.
An often mentioned company that does this is Panda Games, their website does not provide immediate costs (or any costs for that matter), but it is pretty easy to create a profile and request a quote.
The minimum quantity you can quote for is 1,500 units, which is what I did.  It was kind of neat to see the difference in price through mass production overseas vs mild production within North America.  I won't quote any businesses exact prices, but I can see overseas shows a significant decrease in costs (keeping in mind production time/delivery time would significantly increase, with potential for additional shipping charges and taxes).

When developing a Kickstarter plan I think I will have to have a plan to produce in both, then based on how many backers support the game (if any!), that can help determine where it is the most time and cost effective place to produce it.

I noticed a recent kickstarter card based solo game still has 15 days left in the campaign and has already raised over $250,000 with over 8,000 backers.  Pretty crazy!

Thanks for the quote Panda, it truly helps to develop a cost / sell formula to plan for how much I could afford to spend on packaging, art, shipping, etc now that I have a ballpark figure to go with!


No comments:

Post a Comment