Wednesday, March 7, 2018

How Much Time

Had some time to invest in building the game today and last night, now I'm trying to think of how much time I have invested in this game so far...
I began on Feb 16th after my board game night sparked an idea... and every night since then I have been at my laptop working on designs for at least 2 hours per night, then some extra time spent if a I have a morning off work or a day off without distractions.
So I guess I would estimate the time invested right now (not including playing the game with my son) at about 36 complete hours now.
That may not sound like a lot, but it does feel that way since it is over the span of 18 days.

It has been mentally fulfilling so far, watching different pieces come together and evolve.  I am nowhere near a finished product, but I think I am closing in on prototype professional printing for over half of the game now.

The next big challenge is creating the Adventure / Event deck (not certain which I want it to be called yet).  That will be another 60 to 80 cards to put together.  Those ones are more challenging for Art as well, will have to be careful and selective of the art used for now, and maybe even decide to have some events with no art...


No comments:

Post a Comment