Wednesday, September 5, 2018

MailChimp

As usual, I have been listening to podcasts and watching youtube videos about game design in my spare moments, and a common suggestion is to have an email subscription option for your game/company.
The most common recommendation is to use MailChimp, which is free to sign up and use until you have more than 2,000 subscribers (which is a huge number to hit, so not much of a danger there until you are in the big leagues).
I decided to give it a try today, so I have created my account and shared the link to join on FB and through an email to previous playtesters.  I have also created a button link on my company website that allows site browsers to just click to get the subscription option (another common suggestion).
Should this work well it allows a direct connection to people who have chosen to be linked to my company and games, rather than just trying to email people I think are interested.
I will try to remember to do a follow up to this note in a few weeks to see if the subscription option generates any interest (particularly after FallCon event).
Here is the link FYI
Sign up for our mailing list to keep in touch: http://eepurl.com/dGh6SX
Thanks for reading...



No comments:

Post a Comment