One thing I am working at improving for any future game launches, and for Legends of Novus relaunch, is having as many reviewers/previewers as I can find/afford.
The benefits to these far outweighs the costs, in my opinion anyhow. I will list some of the pros and cons:
- Cost of creating prototypes
- Cost of shipping to reviewers
- Cost for Paid Reviews (vs unpaid) - often paid reviewers have a much higher audience
- Time spent to communicate with, and post, for reviewers
- External viewpoints on your game
- Additional playtests from experienced gamers
- Exponential increase in exposure (some reviewers have in excess of 2000 to 5000 regular views on their videos)
- Being able to stamp their "Brand" name on your KS shows a certain level of personal investment and professionalism to your game
- Better quality video then most game designers can create on their own
With the relaunch of Novus I will have a chance to see the full impact of more reviewers, and higher profile reviewers (ie Tantrum House playthrough and Dice Tower Preview). This does not guarantee backers, but it does guarantee exposure for the games visuals and mechanics.
I hope to follow this post up with a success story by July, but nothing is certain of course.
Post a Comment