Thursday, May 9, 2019

Always Busy!

It has been over three weeks since I posted an entry here, and trust me it is not due to having nothing worthwhile to share...
As I continue to prepare Legends of Novus for its relaunch in June, it seems there is never enough time to do everything I would like to do for it.
Some of the things I've been working on include:
  • Review/update of Rulebook with newest icons/etc, done.
  • Boardgame reviews to demonstrate my involvement in the hobby and my thoughts on non-fantasy games, 4 youtube videos so far.
  • Entry into a boardgame design contest using Spellbook'd.
  • Developing a companion app for Novus (free to game backers).
  • Developing 5E content from Novus world, including creature sheets and an adventure module.
  • New component video and solo playthrough video using new prototype.
  • Daily involvement on boardgame sites/chats.
  • Listening to game development podcasts.
That's just some of it... even managed to create a digital version of a deckbuilder I would like to make after Novus, calling it PlaYer Character right now.

For any aspiring game designers out there, my words of advice for this entry are...
Force time into your day, EVERY day, to create something on your game design journey.  I have used pen/paper, my laptop, my cellphone, sent emails to myself, taken photos with markups, anything to make sure I am finding ways to design daily to stay on track and develop skills.

Here is a screenshot of PlaYer Character:

No comments:

Post a Comment